- Microwave the veggies for 4-5 minutes to get them mostly heated through
- In a large soup pan, heat the olive oil
- Add the chicken. Separate the larger chunks of chicken as the chicken warms.
- When the chicken is warm, add the broth (or water & granules), scallions & seasonings. Heat over medium high heat until boiling
- Add veggies & egg noodles. Bring to boil. (If you are not one to use the microwave for step 1, then add your veggies a few minutes before you add your noodles.)
- Once the soup is boiling again, reduce to low heat and cook for 8ish minutes until the noodles & veggies are the desired tenderness.
- We sprinkled some grated Parmesan over the soup once it was in the bowls. You don't have to do that, but it was yummy.
How did the kids weigh in on this? Isaac chowed it. Meagan was hesitant to eat it, but liked it once she took that first bite. Sebastian loved everything but the veggies. He's just not a veggie loving kind of kid.